Rio Tinto Iron Ore Expansion Project
- Software assessment of an Automatic Train Operator (ATO) and an Electronically Controlled Pneumatic (ECP) braking systems.
- Objective of the project was to increase the rail capacity.
Bangkok Skytrain Re-signalling & Extension Projects
- Independent safety assessment of the Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS) CBTC signalling system.
- To improve and maintain the safety and reliability of Bombardier Transport’s signalling system.
Suncheon Personal Rapid Transit Project
Suncheon, South Korea
- Independent Safety Assessment of Suncheon Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) Safety Instrumented System (SIS) in accordance with IEC61508.
- 4.5km PRT line inside the Coastal Wetlands Park in Suncheon city.
Marina Costal Expressway TVS and ITPMS Project
- Software assessment of the Road Tunnel Ventilation System (TVS) and Integrated Traffic & Plant Management System (ITPMS) for Marina Costal Expressway.
- Performed on the behalf of the Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore.
- Systems were assessed in accordance with the requirements of IEC 61508.
- Delivered software assessment training to LTA.
Klang Valley MRT Project
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- System assurance consultant for MMC-GAMUDA (PDP) JV on the Kang valley MRT project.
- Responsible for conducting RAMS and software audits for railway system works including rolling stock, signalling, trackworks, fare collection system, telecommunication systems, power and distribution system, depot and maintenance equipment, tunnel ventilation system, access control system, SCADA, platform screen doors.
- The KV MRT consists of three lines with 94 stations, five train depots and over 140 km total route length, intended to serve the greater KL areas. The estimated project cost, including rolling stock and lands, is approximately MYR 43 billion.
Kuala Lumpur Monorail Upgrade Project
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Provision of Independent Software Assessment of KL Monorail SCADA System for PSI Incontrol (Malaysia).
- Software assessment in accordance with the SIL 2 requirements of EN50128.
- The assessment of the SCADA System for the KL Monorail, including the functions such as CCTV system, automated announcement, journey related function, control and monitoring of traction power supply equipment, and many more other feature.
Orient SA delivers the solution of safety compliance within an effective cost structure. And all this is done without compromising the level of safety or reliability.
Some of our other projects include the following:
- Software assessment of various signalling systems, including Automatic Train Protection (ATP) and Automatic Train Operation (ATO), for CRSCD. (China)
- Provision of software Assurance training for Korea Railroad Research Institute (KRRI). (South Korea)
- Software SIL assessment of Kallang / Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) Integrated Traffic & Plant Management System (ITPMS) software upgrade for Tyco, Fire and Security. (Singapore)
- Independent certification of Mumbai monorail beam switch system for Scomi. (Malaysia and India)
- Signalling system software assurance training for Traffic Control Technology (TCT). (China)
- Engineering management support on the MTR West Island Line rolling stock project for CRC. (China)
- Assessment of a ship Integrated Automation System (IAS) for Samsung Heavy Industries. (South Korea)